Brenner & Elsea-Mandojana, LLC in Houston, TX is seeking a full-time Accountant.
Responsible for the collection of tax-related information, reporting to taxation authorities at the federal, state and local levels in a timely manner. Specific duties are:
• Prepare and review engagement letters between clients and the firm;
• Prepare bank reconciliations and financial statements through Excel and
• Research the basis for tax positions to be taken;
• Devise tax strategies to defer, reduce or eliminate tax due;
• Prepare U.S. individual, corporate, partnership, and other tax returns through
ProSeries (tax software) and/or Lacerte (tax software), or other means;
• Communicate with and assist clients globally;
• Provide accounting, tax and general financial consulting through email, phone
and personal meetings;
• Work in collaboration with the other team members.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting with professional understanding about U.S. public tax accounting.
Must possess solid knowledge and hands-on skills in the following U.S. taxation subjects: Partnership tax, corporate tax, state and local tax and international tax; Practical application about individual income tax planning and business tax return preparation;
Ability to work effectively under stringent timelines and detail orientated;
Strong abilities in analytical thinking, communication and fact-based decision making. Collaborative action skill is also desired;
Passing all sections of the national Certified Public Accountant exam is required.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to: Brenner & Elsea-Mandojana, LLC, Attn. J. Brenner, Partner, P.O. Box 6161, Kingwood, TX 77325, citing reference # AT1017BM